Burn Injury Lawyer
Burn injuries are some of the most painful and long-lasting injuries that a victim can endure. They required immediate and long-term medical treatment and, if not cared for properly, can become easily infected or even worsen. There is a variety of different types of burn injuries, all of which can leave long-lasting, physical, and psychological scars. In the unfortunate event of this type of accident, it is important that you contact the leading burn injury lawyer in your area. Michael Manoussos & PLLC Co has a team of seasoned lawyers that will work to get you the compensation you deserve.
Types of Burn Injuries
There are four main types of burn injuries:
- Chemical Burn
- Caused by chemical sources
- I.e., acid, chemical explosions, etc.
- Light Burn
- Caused by light
- I.e., sunlight or ultraviolet light
- Radiation Burn
- Caused by contact with radiation
- I.e., nuclear radiation
- Thermal Burn
- Caused by sources of extreme physical heat
- I.e., fire, steam, hot liquids, etc.
The Extent of Burn Injuries
There are three major types of burn severity:
- First Degree Burns
- For first degree burns, usually just the top layer of skin is damaged. These burns are typically identified by redness and minor inflammation. Furthermore, first degree burns are the least damaging and painful, and they typically heal within a week. These types of burns can be treated with aloe vera gel and cool water (don’t use ice).
- Second Degree Burns
- For second degree burns, the damage typically goes beyond the top layer of skin and into deeper layers of skin. These burns are extremely red and blistered, and typically take weeks to heal. These burns should be properly bandaged in order to treat and heal second degree burns.
- Third Degree Burns
- For third degree burns, damage seeps through all layers of skin and can impact internal organs. These burns are white or black dry wounds, usually accompanied by charring. Third degree burns can cause permanent damage or even lead to death. To treat third degree burns, immediate medical help is required.
In certain occasions, burns required extensive medical care and treatment. Such treatment can include, but is not limited to, skin grafts and reconstructive surgery. Furthermore, burns can impact the victim’s emotional and mental wellness.
What You Should Do
Depending on the severity of your burn, you should consult medical professionals for diagnosis and treatment. You should also gather all possible documentation. This includes, but is not limited to, documenting the scene of the incident, anyone involved, medical visit records, mental health records, prescription records, insurance information, medical bills, evidence of lost wages, any documentation received from the defendant, any relevant photograph images of injuries sustained, and any other documentation that would further support your case.
You must contact the top Traumatic Brain Injury lawyer near you, immediately. When dealing with medical injuries, it is critical that you work with seasoned lawyers who deal with medical injuries regularly. Michael Manoussos & PLLC Co has an established team of lawyers and medical professionals who will work endlessly with you to help you get what you deserve.
What We Can Do
Our team of lawyers and medical professionals understand that all burn victims deserve the necessary care and support for their recovery back to health. That is why we will work with you night and day to ensure that you or your loved ones are properly compensated for their injuries.