Queens Wrongful Death Attorney
Nearly 121,000 individuals die per year as a result of wrongful death, or unintentional injury accidents, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. While it is difficult to pin point exactly what causes wrongful death accidents due to the many different types of such accidents, it is understood that, in the majority of cases, it comes down to negligence and the actions and behaviors of others.
The various types of wrongful death accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Car accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Tractor trailer and truck accidents
- Slip/trip and fall accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Swimming pool accidents
- Boating/airplane accidents
- Accidental drug overdoses
- Construction site accidents
- House and building fires
- Train and bus accidents
Many of these accidents happen each and every day in New York City, Long Island and New York State, and it is important for all individuals to talk with their families in the tragic event of such an incident and to promptly retain competent and experience legal counsel. Our skilled and experienced lawyers will help guide you through your wrongful death case, and ensure that survivors and beneficiaries receive the appropriate compensation for their loss. We at Michael Manoussos & Co PLLC ensure that the maximum financial security is obtained and that the legacy of the deceased is honored.
When your loved one dies, you may be left with a multitude of grief, emotional trauma, and financial burdens. The following is a list of types of damages that are considered in the event of a wrongful death:
- Injury-related financial expenses for the medical care and treatment of the person who died, resulting in death;
- Financial instability due to the loss of income of the person who died;
- Loss of protection, care, and/or services that were provided by the person who died
- Grief, emotional and mental trauma, loss of comfort and guidance.
In all wrongful death accidents, you and your family deserve to get the full compensation and assistance to help with your family’s recovery and assurance of financial security.