Queens Explosion Accident Lawyer & Fire Accident Lawyer
New York City is home to one of the oldest gas distribution systems in the country, which heightens the possibility of gas explosions in this area. Explosions and fires are some of the most devastating and calamitous events, and often lead to serious injuries such as third-degree burns or even death. Such incidents may also cause emotional and mental trauma, as well as the physical destruction of property and belongings. If you have been injured in a fire accident or explosion accident contact the MM Law Firm and speak to a fire accident lawyer or explosion accident lawyer.
From a legal perspective, explosion and fire accidents are rather complicated and technical as they deal with an entangled fusion of state laws, federal laws, building regulations, and industry standards. From a factual perspective, there are many different factors to consider, including building regulations, people involved, plausible causes, and so forth. It can be quite difficult to sort through these various factors and influences and get to the bottom of an explosion or fire case. Our highly trained and experienced explosion accident lawyer and fire accident laywer will help to clarify the situation for you while getting you the maximum compensation you deserve.
- Leaking Gas
- A gas leak in the presence of an ignition source is likely to cause an explosion. Preventative measures are critical for this type of accident. If you detect a gas leak, either through smell, sound, or sight, evacuate the premises immediately. Do not use any electrical devices, switches, or outlets until you are in a safe place, as they may spark igniting gas. Once you are in a safe place away from the premises, call the fire department.
- Improper Installation
- Improperly installed gas pipelines are a leading cause of explosions and fires. If improper installation is the cause of an explosion, property owners may be at fault. Again, prevention and education is critical at times like this. In the event that improper installation leads to a gas leak, please consult the advice above in the “Leaking Gas” section.
- Corroded Pipes
- Corroded gas pipes are another cause of explosions and fires, as they may lead to gas leaks. If corroded pipes are the cause of an explosion or fire, property owners may be at fault. Again, prevention and education is critical at times like this. In the event that improper installation leads to a gas leak, please consult the advice above in the “Leaking Gas” section.
- Faulty Electrical Systems
- Faulty electrical systems include a lack of smoke and fire detectors and alarms, and sprinkler systems.
- Required specifications for electrical systems vary based on commercial buildings, multi-dwelling buildings, or residential homes. You can research your building codes via your county building department, local library, or law library.
Explosion & Fire Accident Damages Considered
- Extreme skin burning, including third-degree burns, skin and body disfigurement which may require skin grafting.
- Wrongful death of victims
- Loss of personal belongings and/or property
- Mental and emotional anguish
It is imperative that dwellings and buildings be equipped with sprinkler systems and smoke and fire detectors and alarms along with proper exits. There are State and local laws and regulations that govern the fire safety standards and requirements for premises, buildings and residences. The MM Law Firm is very familiar with all safety standlines, regulations and requirments, our fire accident lawyer and explosion accident lawyer teams are ready to fight for you.