NYC Personal Injury Lawyer
New York City is home to over 8.5 million people. This does not include the over 60 million tourists who visit New York City each and every year. And every day, thousands of accidents take place that affect and personally injure thousands of people. These accidents range from car and pedestrian accidents to slip and falls to work-based and construction-site accidents. Regardless of the type of accident, personal injuries can truly change one’s life. Injuries can have long-term impacts on one’s financial, health, work, family, and social situations. If you find yourself in the unfortunate circumstance of a personal injury, contact the leading team of NYC personal injury lawyers at Michael Manoussos & PLLC Co. We will work endlessly to ensure you will get the highest compensation possible for your pain and suffering.
Types of Personal Injury Accidents
- There are many different types of cars accidents, such as head-on collisions, high-speed collisions, t-bone or side impact collisions, rear-end collisions, sideswipe collisions, hit and runs, and rollovers. Furthermore, car accidents can be caused by a plethora of variables, including road rage, negligence, texting (or otherwise distracted driving), drunk driving, and falling asleep at the wheel.
- The top three causes of pedestrian accidents include pedestrian confusion, driver distraction, and failure to yield right of way. Unfortunately, not everyone takes pedestrian safety seriously. Oftentimes, drivers will rush to make a certain light or pass an intersection before pedestrians do. This type of mindset and driving style leads to serious pedestrian accidents.
Rape and Assault
- Rape is one of the, if not the, most underreported crimes, largely due to the victims’ fear to come forward. Victims are often afraid of not being taken seriously, the extensive and invasive physical examination they would have to endure, being socially ostracized, the failure of the justice system to protect them, being personally degraded, further mental and emotional trauma, and so forth. A mere 16% of rapes are reported to authorities. If you are a victim of rape, know that our attorneys will do our very best to ensure that these fears do not become a reality. We will work around the clock to ensure that you receive the justice and compensation that you deserve, and that your attacker will not attack you or anyone else again.
Slip, Trip and Fall Accidents
- Slip, trip and fall accidents are, unfortunately, very common in New York City. Causes of these types of accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Cracked and uneven sidewalks and walkways
- Debris, foreign or liquid substances
- Wet or slippery walkways
- Unsafe construction sites, unlit stairwells
- Missing stair-rails
- Torn carpeting
- Jagged tiling or buckling flooring
- It is vital that you know what makes an environment unsafe or trap-like, and who is legally held liable in various circumstances.
Construction Site Accidents
- The nature of a construction site is inherently dangerous, and they are environments where accidents are bound to take place. Not only can construction workers be severely injured at construction sites, but passer-bys can unintentionally stumble into and get injured at a construction site that is not well-kept. Some causes of construction site accidents include falling objects, hazardous surroundings, electrocutions, slip and falls, power tool and machinery accidents, etc.
In the unfortunate event of a personal injury in the general New York City area, contacting the leading NYC personal injury lawyers at Michael Manoussos & PLLC Co. We will work endlessly to ensure you get the compensation and support you deserve.